Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself

It's been a while since I've shared a great Internet find. A friend posted this on Facebook a few weeks ago and I really love the list. It's 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself. Check it out.

photo source
I can admit to being guilty of most of these, but here are the ones that stood out the most to me...

11. Stop being idle

I'm always at my best when I am keeping busy. Whether I am going through a stressful or sad time, or all is well in my world, I am happiest when I am keeping busy, being social and getting things done. Being idle only causes me to over think and analyze things, which doesn't get me anywhere.

21. Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break

I get easily frustrated when things aren't working out. Blame it on my lack of patience, but I truly need to learn to take a step back from an issue, to take a break and regroup. I'm trying to do this with my dating life right now...taking a step back and regrouping before I jump into anything else. I don't know when I'll be ready to go back, but I need to follow this step and take a break.

25. Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t

I'm a positive, optimistic person, but I need to learn that it is still okay to fall apart sometimes. Admitting that everything isn't okay doesn't make me any less of a happy and positive person. I try to practice the optimism that I preach and end up not being true to how I really feel sometimes. Being sad doesn't mean you are a Debbie Downer, it simply means you are going through a tough time and it too, will pass. 

Which ones are you guilty of? Any others you'd add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment