Friday, December 2, 2011

Why I Loved November

Happy December! As usual, it never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. I can’t believe it is December already. It’s weird…I feel like the older you get, the faster the weeks and months go by. I remember counting down to Christmas when I was younger. It felt like it would never get here! Now, I want time to slow down because I want to find time to do everything I need and want to do and enjoy every minute of it. I do try and enjoy and soak in every moment, but it’s December 1st, and just like every other month, I find myself wondering where the time has gone.

source
Before we dive right into the holidays and all the fun that is going to come with it, I want to catch you up on my life. Compared to last year, this November has been beyond wonderful. Let me give you the highlights:

Savannah
Like I bragged about in this post, a few weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Savannah with a few of my girlfriends. I had only been to Savannah for a few hours before when I was in high school, so I was really excited to explore the city with the girls. First of all, can I just say how wonderful it is that Savannah allows open containers? The phrase “Would you like a to-go cup for your beer?” was just delightful to hear at the restaurants and we obviously responded with an enthusiastic “Yes!” every time. The weekend was an absolute blast. We explored the city, ate at some really awesome places, (we even got reservations at Paula Deen’s restaurant, which was absolutely delightful) and even went on a walking ghost tour/pub crawl. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to get away with my friends.
Shopping around Savannah
At Paula Deen's
Thanksgiving
You may have already read my super cheesy post about Thanksgiving, so I won’t get into all that again. My Thanksgiving was so full of family and happiness. I have a lot to be thankful for and it was nice to celebrate that with the people I love.

source
Not only did I spend the day at my parents’ house, I planned to spend the entire weekend there and get some major relaxation and downtime in. To be honest, there were times I was a little antsy not doing anything, but I truly needed to force myself to slow down and spend a few days reading, relaxing and spending time with my parents. I came back to Orlando feeling calm and rejuvenated. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving, too!
 
December is going to busy and super fun and I can’t wait for Christmas. I’m really hoping I can get my house decorated this weekend. I keep finding so many great holiday ideas on Pinterest so I am definitely inspired to get the ball rolling.

What unique ideas do you all have for decorating this season?  

5 comments: