Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Little Holiday Cheer

Christmas is just three weeks away and I haven’t purchased one gift. It’s funny…I’ve talked so much about how much of a holiday-fanatic I am, but I have never been good about getting my shopping done in a timely manner. You can bet I’ve been all over the Christmas music, decorating my tree and planning which cookie recipe I’ll be baking this year, but I have not been on top of the gift game. To be honest, due to my growing mountain of medical bills, I’m keeping the gifts to a minimum this year. Lucky for me, I was raised to not put a whole lot of emphasis on the gifts, anyway. I absolutely love the holiday season, but for several reasons that don’t include what I’ll be buying for others or wishing for myself.

I think we all get a little wrapped up in the stress of buying the perfect gifts for our loved ones and it’s inevitable that we all have a few things on our wish list. It’s to be expected. When that stress and anxiety starts to creep up on me, I focus on the things I love about this season. We all need to remind ourselves of these things sometimes. These are some of my favorite things about the holidays, quotes, songs, etc. These things make me so very happy during this time of year...

Love Actually. I absolutely love this movie. It's the perfect combination of romantic and Christmas-y without being cheesy. I will watch this at least once before Christmas. 

source
My thoughts exactly. An important reminder.

source
Red Velvet Shortbread Cookies. I'm making these tomorrow. Baking = one of my favorite things about the holidays.

source
Love him. Love him even more when he's singing Christmas music. 

my tree :)
It doesn't get more perfect than decorating the tree with Christmas music playing in the background. Relaxing at home with the lights on and candles lit makes me one very happy girl.

The anticipation of spending the holiday with my family. There is nothing quite like sitting around the tree on Christmas morning with these amazing people. I can’t wait for it.

What is helping you get in the holiday spirit this year?

1 comment: