Monday, July 1, 2013

You have my whole heart for my whole life.

Happy Monday everyone! I've been working on this post all morning, but I keep getting distracted by the gorgeous engagement ring on my left hand.

Jonathan proposed over the weekend! 



Needless to say, I was absolutely shocked. We have talked about the future a lot but I had no idea when he would pop the question.

We've had plans for several weeks now to visit my parents over the weekend. They bought a new house a few months ago and invited everyone up for the housewarming party. The party was Saturday and we spent the day hanging around the pool and around the bar my dad built in their dining room.

Later in the afternoon, while we were all standing around the bar, he grabbed my hand and told me he wanted to make a toast to my parents and their new house. He started his toast by talking about how wonderful my family is and then starts talking about how special I am. This is about the time I started rolling my eyes and getting mad at him for making the toast about me when we are celebrating my parents' housewarming. His voice started to crack as he said he started saying he doesn't know how he could ever live without me and this is when I realize this isn't just a toast to my mom and dad anymore.

Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. This handsome, loving, sweet, supportive, funny, kind man proposed to me. I obviously said yes and kissed my future husband as my family celebrated around us. This will forever be one of the best moments of my life.

I've never really had a particular scenario in mind when I thought about getting engaged, but I can't tell you how special it was for my family to be there for this. Seeing my mother's reaction is something I will always remember and I'm so thankful for that.

With all the more reason to celebrate, the party went on and we all had an absolute blast. I was sure to FaceTime my older sister right away since she lives in Buffalo and wasn't able to be part of it. We snuck off to my parents' bedroom to call her and before going back out to join the party, we took a few minutes to ourselves to let it sink in before heading back out to join the rest of the party.

I am absolutely overwhelmed with joy right now. I can't believe this is my life. I don't know what I did to deserve this wonderful love but I thank God for bringing him into my life.

So, how was your weekend?

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Congrats Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful. Enjoy every minute of being engaged. It's such an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!!!!! That is such exciting news! Enjoy every second of being a fiancé and the planning process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm such a sucker for a sweet story! The best really is yet to be! Enjoy this stage of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!! This is such a sweet story and such a sentimental moment that you and he, and your family will forever cherish! (PS GREAT RING!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O MY CONGRATS! THAT is sooo soo sweet! Your ring is perfection! YAY!

    ReplyDelete