Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekends are for Wedding Planning

I'm just kidding, but it does appear that way lately. We met with the DJ on Saturday and got that booked, so now that most of the bigger decisions have been made, things will calm down a tad in the wedding planning department.

Aside from meeting with the DJ and preparing our save the dates to be mailed, we did we actually went out both Friday and Saturday night, which we hadn't done in a while.

Friday, we met up with a few of Jonathan's guy friends for a few beers. His best man moved to New York today, so I'm glad we got to see him before he left. It was funny because on the drive over, we were discussing all things wedding, and when we got to the bar, Jonathan said, "No more wedding talk. Let's go have fun." I laughed because I knew that wouldn't happen. We hadn't seen a few of these guys since we got engaged, so the night consisted of wedding and lots of bachelor party talk. He didn't mind it one bit and it was fun to celebrate with the boys.


Saturday morning I woke up with a hangover. I had 4 beers the night before and was somehow hungover. This is when I realized I am super lame.

Saturday night, we headed downtown to meet up with my Maid of Honor, Taryn and a few of her friends. We had an absolute blast!

the ladies :)
Love her so much.
Taryn doesn't live in Orlando, but she has been working down here for a few weeks and should be here for most of the summer to help me with wedding planning. She has already been a huge help and I couldn't be more thankful for this girl.

We ended the weekend with a family dinner at Jonathan's uncle's house on Sunday. On our way home, we stopped to bring dinner to his sister who recently started a job with FOX35. She gave us a tour and we even got to sit at the news desk. It was pretty cool to see the set and goof off a little bit.

Bringing you a super serious new report :)


It was another jam-packed weekend and the next few should be a lot of the same. Next weekend, I'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time and I can't wait! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!

8 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the 4 beer hangover. My college self would be so ashamed :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding plans!! Ahh, it'll go so quickly! If you need any help please getting organized please let us know. We were just recently married in December of 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pictures :)

    Lovely greetz from germany.

    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete