Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random Thoughts #3...anything but work.

Happy Wednesday! I'm sitting in my office with the lights off due to the massive headache I've been suffering from since I crawled into bed last night. Unfortunately, work is the last thing on my mind. I'm too busy daydreaming and wishing I hadn't gotten out of bed this morning.

As usual, there are lots of random things running through my head. Here goes.

-I'm so excited for tonight. My BFF and new roomie, Laura and I are having a girls night at home. We're baking for Valentine's Day and making homemade valentines. Life has been hectic for both of us since she moved in earlier this month, so I'm really looking forward to quality girl time tonight.

-I've been trying to figure out what to give Jonathan for Valentine's Day without making it a big deal. I don't think guys really expect anything, but I still wanted to put something together for him. I'm baking tonight, so he'll be getting lots of treats from me tomorrow. I'm also going to put together a little gift basket for him including a bottle of wine, some of his favorite candy and snacks, and a six pack of beer. I feel like that is a thougthful, simple gift that isn't over-the-top cheesy or anything.

-Speaking of Valentine's Day, tomorrow we plan on spending a relaxing night at his house. Nothing too crazy...we're going to cook dinner together and relax. You can bet there will be wine and lots of making out. I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll be an absolutely perfect way to celebrate.

-Do you all ever get in a blogging rut? I kind of feel like I'm in one right now. Blogging topics have always come pretty easily to me, but lately I haven't felt super inspired to write on anything aside from updates on my life and relationship. I'm wondering if I need to take things in a different direction, or if I should wait it out and hope this is just a temporary thing. I love to write and can't imagine not having this outlet, I just need to find some direction again, I guess.

-Reading list. I go through phases where I read several books in a row, then I go months without picking up my Kindle. I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading a little bit every day. It's something I enjoy, so I need to make it a priority to do this more regularly. First up:


I've also heard great things about Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, so those are definitely on my list. I'm planning on reading The Help again, because it is that good.

Well, that's all for today.

Tell me...

What are your Valentine's Day plans? What types of gifts do you typically buy for your man?

Also, any book recommendations...send them my way!

4 comments:

  1. Brand new with regard to 2016 may be the previously mentioned tan-accented tag heuer replica design and it is possibly my personal favorite. That one utilizes cues in the azure as well as red-colored however along with suntan replica watches uk rather, that functions superbly from the dark situation, dial, as well as bezel. The actual straps can also be suntan having a dark rolex replica sale hold. The actual dial is much like the actual azure as well as red-colored however having a hublot replica uk mere seconds hands which assists the actual comparison from the dark ceramic as well as fits the replica watches logo design as well as Aquaracer personalisation. They'll bolt the actual assimilation associated with bystanders in the previously mentioned tag heuer replica uk because complete you might perform.

    ReplyDelete