Monday, May 7, 2012

Adventurous April & Cinco de Mayo

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a fun weekend. I sure did!

Before I fill you in on my Cinco de Mayo, I have to fill you in on my outdoor adventures in April.

In the beginning of the month, my boss took us ziplining for a team building day. I had never been ziplining and it was an absolute blast! After a few mimosas, we got geared up and spent the afternoon ziplining on a beautiful day in Orlando. Now, by now most of you know I'm not much of an outdoors kinda girl, but I totally hung in there and had so much fun! I may have almost tipped over when the guides helped me get my gear on, but I wasn't prepared for it to be so heavy and I was a few drinks in! Anyway, it was such a cool way to spend time outside of the office with my coworkers. I can't wait to go back!
coworker and friend :)
Just me being outdoorsy...
Speaking of outdoor activities, at the end of April, my family rented a boat and spent the day on the Withlacoochee River drinking beer, fishing and enjoying the sunshine. We don't need to be doing anything special to have an awesome time, but this was absolutely delightful! It's pretty awesome when spending the day with your family is like being with your best friends for the day. Normally I would have no interest in this stuff, but I did a little fishing and even volunteered to lift the anchor once! I didn't catch a thing and the anchor almost took me over the edge it was so heavy, but it's all good. Anyway, I'm hoping for more days like this over the summer...it was perfection all around.

Siblings :)
So fishing isn't the most thrilling activity there is...
Not a bad place to spend the day!
Then May showed up in all its glory! My brother's birthday is the day after Cinco de Mayo, so my sisters and I met up with him to celebrate. Aside from my sister and brother getting into a brawl with an older, very creepy man who decided to come out of nowhere and lift me into the air (very inappropriate and scary), we had a blast like we always do together!

My siblings and Riley, our mascot for the evening
This is by far my favorite time of year...so many things to celebrate and lots of sunshine! My 26th birthday is next weekend so I have no doubt the fun will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment