Saturday, May 12, 2012

26th Birthday Bucket List

Today is my 26th birthday.

I absolutely loved coming up with my 25 Things at 25 List last year, so I couldn’t wait to come up with a list for this year’s birthday. I decided to come up with a bucket list…26 things I’d like to do on my birthday. I have no doubt all of these things will make it a wonderful day.

1. Laugh until I cry
2. Hear “Like a Virgin” at the bar
3. Do something nice for a stranger
4. Sleep in past 7 a.m. (I’m really counting on Blake for this one)
5. Make a new friend
6. Get kissed on the forehead
7. Buy 26 balloons, write happy and inspirational messages on them and hand them out to strangers throughout the day
8. Play the piano at the downtown library
9. Not have a care in the world
10. Make a toast
11. Treat myself to something just for me…a pedicure, a new dress, new shoes…any of those will do :)
12. Not worry whether or not everyone is having fun
13. Wear a pretty dress
14. Soak up every little moment of happiness
15. Be surprised
16. Sing happy birthday to someone else
17. Rekindle a friendship
18. Twirl
19. Avoid falling on my face
20. Hit on someone using a Paper PickUp
21. Get someone to buy me a drink
22. Focus on how far I’ve come, not where I want to go
23. Get someone to take pickleback shot at Finnhenry’s
24. Have another unforgettable group dance at The Lodge
25. Try a drink I’ve never had before
26. Leave a mark somewhere downtown

I'm another year older and can't find one single reason not to be happy about this. Maybe I should be making a lot of bold statements about what I'd like from my 26th year, but I'd much rather let life go where it may and enjoy the surprises along the way. I'm thankful to be on this earth and for all I've been blessed with at this point in my life. That's all I need to know right now.

Anway, I'll report back on my bucket list and let you know how it goes! Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Love #1!! It's not often enough that I laugh until I cry, but iit feels great when I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy freaking birthday! You know I LOVE lists even of you don't cross everything off! Have a fabulous good day!

    ReplyDelete