Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The More Boys I Meet, The More I Love My Dog

I'm in love with this little guy.


Training a puppy is pretty challenging...don't let anyone try to tell you any different. So far, Blake has learned how to sit, we are making some major progress on potty training and he knows he has to sit if he wants to get a treat. He still however, thinks feet are chew toys and hasn't quite caught on to what "No" means. You can't have it all, I guess. Not right away, anyway. I'm learning to practice a little patience, that is for darn sure! 

Our first potty adventures outside. He stared at me and played with leaves mostly.

Despite the challenges, I am loving my new friend and enjoying the experience. As hyper and energetic as he is, he is such a sweet dog. One night not long after I brought him home, after running around like a maniac for hours, I was blogging in bed, filling you all in on my breakup with Gary. As I wrote, I started to cry and just couldn't stop. When Blake stopped attacking his chew toy and nuzzled up to me looking very concerned, I knew in my heart that bringing him home was the right thing to do. I'm really glad I finally took the leap and got a puppy of my own. He is super fun and just so adorable!

Blake's first bone. He loves it!
And I've been listening to this song a lot lately..."The More Boys I Meet" by Carrie Underwood :)






2 comments: