Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Other News...

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with lots of happiness. Rather than spending the day obsessing over being single or the fact that your boyfriend didn't get you the diamond necklace you wanted, put the emphasis on simply being grateful for and showing love toward the ones you care about.

This might come as a bit of shock considering what has been going on lately, but I actually DO have plans for Valentine's Day. I wish, wish, wish I could tell you because it is totally random and fun, but I want to wait and fill you in after the fact. So expect what is sure to be an entertaining post about that later in the week :)

In other news...

I baked my heart out yesterday and it was delightful. As you know from previous posts, I love all the cute Valentine's goodies there are to make and it's a yearly tradition that I make red velvet cupcakes. I used the same cupcake recipe I use every year, but this year, I got a little more creative with the decorating. I even finally got to use my Pampered Chef frosting tubes for the first time! Here's how they turned out...what do you think?


I also made the most adorable cookies...obviously found this idea on Pinterest :)

Peanut butter cookies with Dove chocolates
I also realized I totally forgot to brag about the country concerts I've been to recently. At the end of January, I headed to Tampa with a group of friends to see Zac Brown Band. I've seen them before...last year when they toured with Kenny Chesney, but this time they were headlining and it was absolutely amazing. They have an awesome set and they're just really fun to see live.

Sarah and I <3 
all the ladies!
Last weekend, I went with my good friend Laura to see Miranda Lambert, Chris Young and Jerrod Neimann. I love each of them, but over the last year or so, I've become completely obsessed with Miranda. The show was amazing and we didn't even have very good seats. Most amazing part? Miranda Lambert was really emotional because of some recent deaths in the family and her family dog of 20 years dying just a few days before the concert. She came to Orlando straight from her hometown and when she started singing "The House That Built Me," not more than a few lines into it, she started crying when she got to the part that says, "My favorite dog is buried in the yard." What happened next will go down as one of my all-time favorite experiences. The entire audience sang the rest of the song for her. She started crying, the audience started singing and she couldn't pull herself back together to start over. The audience sang the whole song while Miranda stood on stage in awe. I am getting goosebumps just remembering. It was an amazing thing to be a part of. Moments like that are why I love country music.
I can always count on Laura for concert fun :)
Chris Young, Miranda and Jerrod Neimann
Needless to say, I've been wearing my cowboy boots on the regular, which makes me ridiculously happy. I'm also going to Cowboys this Friday night to do some line dancing...always a fun time!

xoxo

1 comment: