Monday, September 26, 2011

First Weekend of Fall

It is officially Fall and I am pretending it is not 90+ degrees in Orlando right now. To get in the spirit, I splurged on some new Fall decorations for my house. I also had a lovely weekend that I just have to brag about to all of you.

I spent Saturday morning shopping for all of this…I’m so happy with what I found!
Jo-Ann Fabric
Target
Jo-Ann Fabric
Jo-Ann Fabric
Window decals: Jo-Ann Fabric

Saturday night, I headed downtown with my former roommates and some of their friends. It was an absolute blast, but here are some of the highlights:
  • When the night starts with listening to “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips, “Like a Virgin” by Madonna and “This is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan, you know it is going to be amazing.
  • I fell on my ass in the middle of a club. As in, I was dancing and was completely unaware of the step behind me. I backed that ass up right to that step, where I landed (surprisingly gracefully) on my behind. Only me…
  • I got suckered into talking to this guy at that same club. He was pretty cute, but after talking to him for five minutes and seeing that he lacked a personality, I was ready to ditch him. Unfortunately, when I am drinking I don’t exactly know how to do that without being rude. After he bought my friends and I a shot, we were ready to move on to the next bar. Instead of just leaving or making something up, I decided to tell him where we were going and hoped he wouldn’t want to join. Unsuccessful. We ended up having to ditch him after ducking into pizza joints and other bars to throw him off our scent. My friend’s boyfriend really got the shit end of that deal, having to tell him one of us was sick and we had to go home. It wasn’t too successful, because hours later at the end of the night, someone spotted him and we ended up having to high tail it out of the bar. The whole thing was hilarious, like something out of a movie.
My sister and I have wanted to plan a baking day for a while now. We both use StumbleUpon and had a ton of recipes saved to our favorites. So we spent the entire afternoon baking at my house on Sunday. After baking all afternoon, we got some Chinese take-out and wattched Bridesmaids. I am so grateful for days like this with my sister. Here are the goodies we ended up with:

Twix Caramel Brownies
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes 
Banana Bread

I hope you all had a happy weekend. I know I promised to fill you in on the boy from my weekend in Michigan last week. I’m still working on that post so stay tuned!

2 comments: