Friday, May 13, 2011

25 Things at 25

I actually posted this yesterday, May 12, but it disappeared...
Today is my 25th birthday.
When I was 18-years-old I thought I knew it all. I thought I knew who I was, what I wanted…I thought I had it all figured out. Boy, was I wrong. Now I’m not saying at 25 I have it all figured out either, but I have learned a few things along the way. I don’t know it all and there are still so many things for me to learn, but here are 25 things I do know:
  1. You’ll regret the things you didn’t say more than the things you did. It is okay to speak my mind. If someone doesn’t like what I have to say, they don’t have to listen. 
  2. Never close yourself off to anything. Trying new things and hating them is better than never having done them at all.
  3. Dance like no one is watching. Just live and don’t worry what other people might be thinking.
  4. Never stop working hard. If at the time, it doesn’t seem like it will pay off, just be patient.
  5. Timing really is everything.
  6. Life doesn’t have to be taken so seriously.
  7. Speak up about what you want.
  8. Sometimes, when you are angry, you have a right to be angry, but that doesn’t give you the right to be cruel.
  9. That I am an amazing person and knowing that doesn’t make me arrogant. 
  10. Sometimes people just aren’t meant to be in your life, no matter how much you think so at the time.
  11. You've GOT to be able to laugh at yourself.
  12. To never take your health for granted.
  13. Sometimes, it is okay to not have a plan. The most amazing adventures usually happen when I don’t have a plan.
  14. Enthusiasm is contagious.
  15. Don’t judge people. You’ve probably never been in their position.
  16. You are responsible for your own happiness. If something isn’t going right, change it. 
    Don’t expect anyone to do that for you.
  17. Don’t regret anything. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
  18. Family really is everything. Those people will be there for you like no one else can when you really need them.
  19. Make time for your girlfriends. Everyone is busy, but making time for these girls will keep you sane.
  20. When something awful happens, you can either laugh or cry about it. Crying won’t get you anywhere, but laughing is fun.
  21. Just because one person can’t see your worth, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
  22. Bad decisions make good stories.
  23. There really is always a reason to smile.
  24. Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road.
  25. Trust your instincts.
I’m 25-years-old and my life is nothing short of a dream. I am so blessed to have a strong, supportive family, funny and amazing friends, a job and coworkers I love, good health and more happiness than I ever could have imagined. I’m thankful to everyone who has helped me learn these lessons along the way and can’t wait to see what 25 has in store for me! 





6 comments:

  1. HaPpy BiRfDaY :))
    GREAT life lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! i love your 25 on 25 list! 5,6,12,13 15, 20, 21, 23 and 24 are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy be-lated birthday!! Love your list, very well said!! I hope you have an amazing 25th year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...and have you ever heard the song "Timing is Everything" by Garrett Hedlund?? It's from the movie Country Strong, and it's amazing! Here's a post I did about the movie and I included the song!
    http://ionlyblogthetruth.blogspot.com/2011/04/country-strong.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I just made one for my 25th Birthday two days ago! Thanks for sharing!

    xox

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete