Friday, July 15, 2016

Emma's Nursery


Hello! It's been a while. I'm still here, though and still very much pregnant. My last day of work was last Friday and after being way too ambitious on Monday and completely wearing myself out, I've been trying to take it easy these last few days. Last night, we put the finishing touches on the nursery and the excitement of this is just what I needed to show up here today so I could share it!

Before I get to the pictures, I want to tell you a little bit about my vision for this room. I knew going into this I absolutely did not want there to be a theme. I can see how choosing a theme makes it easy to shop and piece things together, but I've never been a fan of the idea of sticking to one theme. Jonathan and I agreed we don't like anything enough to cover Emma's room in it. I wanted to be able to choose colors and items we loved, rather than choosing items because they fit the animal, color, etc. What I wanted this room to be was colorful and happy. When I pictured what that meant, it meant lots of yellow and coral with pops of mint. It meant loads of books and colorful toys. It meant giving baby Emma a positive, colorful and cozy space.

Crib: Wayfair
Crib sheet: Amazon
Glider: Buy Buy Baby
Mobile: Target
Wall decal: Amazon
Dresser: Wayfair
Cube Organizer: Target
Storage bins: Target
Hamper: Target
Mirror: Michaels






"You Can't Have a Rainbow Without a Little Rain" Print: Etsy
"All Good Things Come From Above" Print: Etsy
Book/Toy Shelf: Amazon
It's not very often something turns out exactly like I imagined it would, but Emma's nursery is the exception. When I look around this space, I'm in awe because this is what I imagined when we found out we were having a little girl. This is what I envisioned as we looked for the different pieces that would make this extra room in our house Emma's room. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and as I sit in here now and soak it all in, I'm completely overwhelmed knowing the missing piece to this puzzle, our sweet baby girl, will rocking in this glider along with me any day now. 

Whenever you're ready, little girl. Whenever you're ready. 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors you chose. I'm with you on the theme -- I can't imagine picking one. There are way too many cute things out there!

    ReplyDelete