Tuesday, July 19, 2016

39 Weeks



How far along: 39 weeks

Baby is the size of a: watermelon - about 7 lbs.

Feeling: Pretty good! It helps that I'm not working anymore. Being able to get things done at home and taking breaks to rest when needed has been glorious and I'm feeling so much better than I was a few weeks ago.

Sleep: Last night was terrible. I was up all night. For the most part, though, I've been so tired by the end of the day that falling asleep is never an issue. I'm up a lot throughout the night to pee or change positions, but thankfully I've been able to get back to sleep pretty quickly for the most part.

Movement: Lots of movement which feels totally weird and different because there's so little room left for her in there to move around!

Mood: Excited and anxious to meet our girl; back and forth between looking forward to not being pregnant anymore and knowing how much I'll miss it. Knowing at any moment our lives are going to be completely changed is such a surreal and incomparable feeling. There's nothing like it!

Other updates: I finally had an ultrasound at my 38 week appointment on Thursday and thankfully, confirmed Emma is head down and that she's weighing in at about 7 lbs. Otherwise, no huge developments but we'll see if anything has changed when I go back to get checked on Wednesday.

7 days until our due date! We are so ready to welcome this little girl into the world!

2 comments: