Tuesday, April 12, 2016

25 Weeks & Name Reveal



Maybe for one of these updates I'll take a better photo and not snap a picture in the bathroom mirror to add to my post at the last minute...maybe.

How far along: 25 Weeks

Baby is the size of a: large cucumber -- about 1.5 pounds

Gender: Girl

Due Date: July 26, 2016

Name: So excited to share that our baby girl officially has a name!


I've been a huge fan of the name Emma since Rachel chose it for her baby on Friends. Thankfully Jonathan loves the name as much as I do so we've basically been set on Emma for our first girl since before we even started trying to get pregnant. I hadn't thought much about a middle name but once I started thinking of different middle name options, I kept coming back to Joy. We didn't want to commit to a middle name too quickly so we gave it a few months before deciding that nothing else was quite right. I also didn't want Jonathan to just agree with me on a name -- I wanted both of us to know it was the perfect choice so you can imagine the happy tears that came when he told me he was sold on it. I seriously can't say the name Emma Joy without smiling. I just know this name is going to fit our baby girl so perfectly and it makes me even more anxious to meet her!

Symptoms: Waking up here and there at night with some discomfort. I've been holding strong trying to avoid buying a pregnancy pillow but I don't know how much longer that will last. Otherwise, I'm definitely feeling quite pregnant but overall, I feel really good!

Cravings: Believe it or not, I've been craving salad pretty regularly and it's a welcome change. Always craving sweets but luckily any kind of fruit will do just fine!

Appointments: We had an ultrasound last week so they could get better measurements of baby's spine and that should be our last ultrasound until 36 weeks I believe. Her hands were covering her face the whole time and she was moving around so much - it was incredible. I had my one hour glucose test yesterday and I'm really just having a hard time believing we are already at this point!


Looking forward to: Getting away this weekend with my man and our friends then our little birthday getaway/babymoon in May and of course, our baby shower!

Exciting moments this week: I really just starting feeling the baby move in the last 2 weeks or so and the movements haven't been strong enough for Jonathan to feel until this week. Monday morning when my alarm was going off around 5:30 a.m., I woke up to Jonathan's hand on my belly and baby girl was kicking like crazy! Jonathan could feel every movement and she was bouncing around like that for a few minutes. It was the absolute best way to start our week off and I'm so glad we got to share such an amazing moment together.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful name! Emma is such a beautiful name and Joy just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a sweet name!! It's great that he can feel her move now!

    ReplyDelete