Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thanksgiving, Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Recap (finally)

Oh, hey. It's safe to say blogging has pretty much disappeared off my to do list lately and I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably only gonna get worse. I sent an email to my clients this morning letting them know the dates I'll be out of the office for my wedding which is happening in oh, about two weeks. This made me realize I should probably attempt to get caught up on my blogging because things are getting crazy around here and I don't know when I'll have time as we get closer to the big day. I guess I'll start with finally filling you in on one of my most wonderful weekends in recent history...Thanksgiving weekend, which also happened to be the weekend we celebrated my bachelorette party and bridal shower.

Thanksgiving is already my favorite holiday and adding to that, my bridal shower and bachelorette party were the same weekend. To top it off, my sister and Matron of Honor was here to celebrate all of this with us and even brought my niece and nephew along. Thanksgiving was perfect and full of family time and an abundance of things to be thankful for. My bridal shower was so absolutely lovely and perfect. My mom and bridal party worked so hard putting it together and I loved every minute of it.

My bachelorette party was an absolute blast and I had the time of my life. I'm even proud to say I didn't puke, fall or cry that night and if you know me at all in real life, you know this is quite the accomplishment. As my gift, My Maid of Honor hired a photographer friend to take professional photos at my shower and I can't wait to share some of those shots as soon as I get my hands on them. In the meantime, here are some snapshots of a truly magical weekend, one that I will never forget.

My nephew, Ashton, the major contributing factor to my baby fever as of late. 

My niece and flower girl, Alyssa. It was so special having her here :)

I could have stayed at this table forever!

My niece absolutely fell in love with Jonathan and it was the cutest thing ever. I can't blame her, really.
My bridesmaids surprised with a stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Downtown Orlando. The hotel is gorgeous and it was so fun to get ready together and not have to worry about getting back home after celebrating all night.
My get-up for the night. Reason  number 23,657 I love my bridesmaids: they know me well enough to avoid all the typical bright pink bachelorette party attire. Here with my homemade sash and veil. It's safe to say everyone knew I was the bride to be all night. 

Yes, there were penis straws. And yes, my sister (middle) was poking men in the face with hers at one of the bars. #penisstrawsuccess
I looooove this picture of us getting ready to go out. The funny thing about this is I was posing even though I didn't even think I was going to make it into the photo. I just love it.

So glad these ladies all came out to celebrate with me!
This concludes my Thanksgiving recap less than a week before Christmas. I guess if I stay on track my Christmas recap should be up sometime by Easter. We have quite the list of things to do this weekend including basically all of our Christmas shopping, lots of Christmas baking and attending a potluck Christmas gift exchange with our friends on Sunday. I also may have convinced Jonathan to wear matching footie pajamas with me on Christmas Eve, so I can't wait to scoop those up this weekend, too. Now that I think of it, I may want to get a few beers in him before we get to this point!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a fun bridal shower! xo

    Would love you to come Join me on a blogger challenge! --->
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view is unbeatable - you can literally see the entire city for miles out. We had a winter wedding and the snow on top of the buildings was just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete