Wednesday, June 27, 2012

28 Days of Thanks

I mentioned in a previous post the 28 Days of Thanks Note Card Kit I received as a gift from the woman I met in Mount Dora last weekend. Basically, the kit comes with 28 notecards and envelopes. The idea is to send a card to someone each day with a note thanking them, telling them you are thinking of them or simply saying hello. She asked if I would be interested in trying this out and giving her feedback, as she is developing these kits to sell in her store. I obviously told her I would loooove to! Something I can take 5 minutes to do each day and know that it will brighten someone else's day is a no brainer to me. Who doesn't love receiving a hand written note in the mail? This is going to be such a simple way to show my gratitude for the people in my life.


Today is Day 1 and I'm psyched!

I started by making a list of people who immediately came to mind like family and friends. I even added one of my clients who I've worked with for almost 3 years. She has always been such a pleasure to work with and I know she would appreciate the note. I also included one of my doctors on the list. I had to choose one because let's be honest, I've had wayyy too many doctors in the last few years who have made a HUGE difference in my life. I'm leaving room on the list for people who didn't immediately come to mind. They could be people I haven't met yet or people in my day-to-day life that I may realize later on I need to send one to.

I'll be sure to give you lots of updates along the way to share my experience. I'm hoping this small daily ritual will be a reminder for me to be grateful for the people in my life, no matter how big a role they have in my day-to-day. I hope these notes bring joy to the people who receive them and maybe even inspire them to do the same for people in their life.

The store owner, Lynn, who created the kit, is also blogging about her experience with 28 Days of Thanks. Feel free to check out her blog or her store's website, which has a ton of really cute gifts.

7 comments:

  1. This house flag is Officially Licensed by the NFL and is a high quality item for hanging from your porch or as an interior wall banner.Hang your Minnesota Vikings Double Sided House Flag with our banner pole or fly it with our 5' or 6' flagpoles and adjustable flag brackets.house divided flags nfl
    house divided flags nhlNew England Patriots stars and stripes flags
    cheap New Orleans Saints american bannersnfl flags and banners,
    ncaa flags and banners,
    college football flags,
    Sports flags and banners,

    ReplyDelete