Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It’s the Simple Things in Life


I’ve always been a fan of the simple things in life. Whether it be a small victory like finding something I thought I lost, or sitting in Starbucks drinking a nonfat white mocha writing these blog posts, laughing until I cry, reading a really good book, or sitting in my dark living room watching TV, the only light coming from the lights on my cute little Christmas tree, I experience overwhelming enthusiasm and happiness in these moments.

I’d like to say that my recent health scare spurred all this on, but I’ve been this way for as long as I can remember, though this year it has probably intensified. It’s something I get teased about by friends and family, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Some people require so much to make them even the slightest bit happy. They need big, extravagant things or huge, breathtaking moments to make them feel as genuinely happy as I feel when I am talking to my sister on the phone and hear my niece and nephew saying hi to me in the background.

I kind of feel like we are always in such a rush, so focused on our day-to-day lives that we let the simple things pass by without much notice. People might be happier if they savored some of these small moments in life.

What are your simplest pleasures?

2 comments: