Sunday, January 10, 2016

a short, sweet note and how it got me to [finally] blog again


Hello and happy 2016! 

I woke up this morning and promised myself I wouldn't end the day without getting a blog post up. It's been nearly three months and while I've missed this space, I haven't even considered making an attempt at coming back until today and I have Lauren at Lot 48 to thank for getting me here today. See, I don't have a huge following on here and that's never bothered me much. I've always promised myself that I would write as long as it meant something to me and if other people enjoy it, well, that's just a bonus. This isn't the first time I've gone MIA from this space and I always know I'll make it back eventually. 

Yesterday, though, I received a comment from Lauren on a recent Instagram post telling me she missed my reading my blog and hopes I write again soon. This meant so much to me. While I will always come back and write because it's what I enjoy doing, there is a lot to be said for writing in a way that engages others, that connects you with people you don't know, that other people can relate to and when you don't have hundreds of people following and commenting on your posts, you can't help but wonder if anyone is out there at all. Over the last few months I've had so much to share and so many things to say but couldn't motivate myself to actually do anything about it. Lauren's encouraging comment gave me that extra little push I needed to show up here today and I'm super grateful. 


Moral of the story: if you have anything nice to say to anyone -- anything at all, say it. It could be exactly what they needed to hear. 

I'm going to leave it at that for now, but I'll be back tomorrow basically cramming the last almost 3 months into a blog post. Spoiler alert: expect lots of puppy photos.

I hope you had a happy holiday season and that 2016 is off to a fabulous start for all of you!

15 comments:

  1. This is probably super creepy because I rarely comment on people's blogs and am more of a lurker... but I found your blog through a link on someone else's and I've enjoyed hearing about your life in FL! I live up north in a snowy area and love hearing your outdoor stuff when we have crappy weather here. I noticed that you haven't been blogging much but checked today and you HAD! Glad to hear your back! I'll look forward to hearing more about your recent adventures. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the opposite of creepy -- it's wonderful! Thank you for making yourself known (haha)! Really though - I appreciate the encouragement more than you know! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You never know when something you say or experiences you share are going to have a positive impact on someone. So glad I could help. I love your joyful attitude and I love hearing about your life and I did miss your writing, I am so glad you're back!! I am sure if we met in real life we would be great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get this. Traffic and reader interaction is accountability in a way. It gives you purpose. I don't blog for traffic, but it certainly can make a difference in how you feel about showing up and doing it as consistently. Sometimes I don't do it just because I know that no one would miss it if I didn't!!

    ReplyDelete