Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Adult Field Day Recap

I mentioned we hosted the most fun adult field day in honor of my sister's birthday at the end of October and it was every bit as perfect as I envisioned it would be. As the most competitive girl in our family, she loved every second of it and I hope she felt all the love we all have for her as we celebrated all day long.

In my passion for planning any sort of event, I committed to making this day perfect for my sista. We rented out a softball field down the street to make sure we the space we needed for all the activities. I spent the whole week before prepping to make sure every little detail was special. I wanted to have all her favorite foods for the after party at our house which meant homemade snickerdoodle cupcakes and all things potato - her favorite food. Since we wouldn't be at our house for the games and wanting to make sure we still had fun event-themed decor, we made a few signs to hang at the softball field. I even special ordered her a sporty birthday girl shirt to wear. I'm so happy with how this day turned out!



Once the teams were chosen and more important, team names were selected, we kicked off the competition with a good old water balloon toss. Only two of us ended up completely soaked because of this competition (myself included). Of course this set off a bit of a water balloon fight because what else would we have done with all the extra water balloons?



Next up was a fierce game of kickball and I'm happy to say that my team won and I didn't get injured, both of which are worth celebrating!


We ended the competition with the highly-anticipated three-legged race and it was probably my favorite part. None of us could stop laughing during the entire race. It was pure joy for me to see everyone having such a good time.






Thank goodness, the birthday girl's team won the overall competition because she would not have been any fun the rest of the night!
























































Once the games were over, this fun and hungry crowd headed back to our house for food, fun and more competition in the form of slap cup and flip cup.


What a day. It was nice to switch things up and do something different with such a fun group of people. Seeing my sister so happy and carefree enjoying something so perfectly her made my heart so happy. It's safe to say we'll be planning another field day as soon as possible because this was a perfect day not to mention the fact that I'm sure we all want a rematch.

9 comments: