Sunday, August 26, 2012

28 Days of Thanks: Mission Accomplished!

I've had so much fun over the past few weeks and have lots to fill you in on! I'll get to that, but in the midst of the crazy, I never got a chance to tell you all I completed my 28 Days of Thanks project. Since I updated you somewhere around the 14th day, I gave cards to my coworkers, my brother, my new roommate, my cousin, a few more of my girlfriends, another client, my dad, my grandfather and my aunt. A few thoughts now that I've completed the project:

Somewhere a little after the halfway mark, I stopped sending or handing out a card on a daily basis. This explains why I finished a little later than I originally should have. The reason I slowed down a bit has nothing to do with a lack of people to give the cards to, it was more to do with the logistics. This started when I went on my business trip a few weeks ago. Being out of town and working nonstop, it wasn't exactly feasible to get a card in the mail each day. I also never wanted my thank you note for the day to feel forced. The point of this was to reflect and practice thanks everyday, which I definitely did, but if I was in a situation where I couldn't take the time to write a thoughtful, honest message, I didn't want to force it. Soooo, it took me a bit longer than I originally intended, but I did it!

I have to say that my favorite part of this whole process was the reactions I got from everyone I gave a card to. It was nice to know that my note made an impact on each individual and even though it was such a simple gesture, I think it meant a lot to them.

While I don't necessarily intend to start another 28 Days of Thanks Kit, I know that reflecting daily and showing thanks to the people in my life will be more of a regular habit now. Writing a note each day never took more than a few minutes, so I want to make sure I take the time to do that for the people in my life more often.

This definitely has me motivated to come up with other simple and thoughtful ways to show thanks for the people in my life. If you have any good ideas, please share!





2 comments: