Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Confessions

Why hello there. 

In case you thought I fell off the face of the earth, or if you didn't even notice I was gone, I'm back! Between prepping for my business trip, then being on it for almost a week, then trying to recover from that trip, I realized I haven't blogged in what seems like forever.

Because I don't have any groundbreaking news to share, I won't bore you with a bunch of mundane updates. I do, however, have a few things to confess.

I've seen Magic Mike...twice. 

The first time I saw it, I was all about it. A movie about male strippers, one of them being Channing Tatum? This is going to be so bad and so good at the same time. It was all fun and games the first time, laughing at the horrible dialogue and talking about how hot the guys are. I walked out of the theater saying it was the best worst movie I've seen in a long time. In other words, completely unnecessary to see again. But, I did anyway. I ended up going with my coworkers who hadn't seen it yet and while laughing at the same scenes and drooling over the same men, I literally started to feel like a complete joke for seeing this movie not once, but twice. In case you were wondering, the dialogue and plot are a whole lot more painful to sit through the second time.


Seeing this sexy beast strip was obviously worth the price of admission.
Kidding. He scared me a little. (source)

I had so much fun on my business trip to Indianapolis. 

Don't get me wrong, I worked my ass off. It was exhausting and stressful at times. I was up at 5:30 most days, working the booth for 8-10 hours, then going to dinner or drinks with a client or networking in the bar, all to wake up and do it again the next day. Five days of this and I was one tired girl. I've also never enjoyed my job more. I absolutely thrive in that environment. I love networking and meeting new people. I love meeting clients and potential clients in person and connecting with them. It makes me wish we had more opportunities to do this rather than just the one or two conventions a year we go to. Oh, I also got a chance to meet Brian Tracy. He was a client of ours several years ago and is one of the world's most famous motivational speakers. I was pretty psyched to meet him. 

Brian Tracy!
 I bought a bubble wand and keep it in my car. 

Before you jump to conclusions, let me reassure you: by bubble wand, I don't mean sex toy. 

I'm obviously referring to those sword-like tubes for blowing bubbles. They are really meant for five-year-olds, or me. Either way. I can't explain to you why blowing bubbles makes me so happy, but it does. I bought this when visiting my parents' house one weekend, but left it in my car and I take it into the courtyard at work when I need a break, a stress reliever, a reason to smile, whatever. At least it's the only random thing in my car these days. I drove around with Twister in my car for almost a year, after all. 

That's all I have to say tonight. Talk about random. 
I hope you're all having a great week!

4 comments: