Saturday, October 15, 2016

Life This Week


It's 11 PM on Friday night. I'm sitting in bed on my third glass of wine. Emma is snoozing away in her Rock n' Play and Abby is snuggled in between me and Jonathan in bed. Taylor cat is literally just sitting on the floor next to the bed looking around the room judging all of us, I assume. It may partially be the wine talking, but I feel so happy right now. In all honesty, I'd be feeling this way with or without the wine but that is beside the point. I feel like the days go by in such a blur right now and no matter how tired I am at night when we all get to bed, I can't help but stay awake sometimes. It's my chance to soak it all in, to have a minute to myself, to just be. Either way, right now feels like a good time to talk about this week.



Sadly, I didn't set any goals for the week, but I'm not beating myself up too badly about it.

This week:

- I completed week 4 of Couch 2 5K for the second week in a row. I wasn't feeling quite ready to move on to week 5, so I repeated week 4 and I'm glad I did. Week 4 consists of the following: run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes; repeat. It's sad to say but I struggled through every workout. To be honest, I feel discouraged and frustrated because I remember a time when this was actually enjoyable for me and I want so badly to be there again. It's taking time and it's a struggle right now, but feeling frustrated and discouraged only makes me want to keep going, so there's that. 

- At one point, we had baby poop dripping down our wall...and then had to be the one who cleaned it up. Trust me when I say you don't want to hear or see anymore about this experience. 

- I broke down in tears when Jonathan got home from work on Wednesday. I was feeling overwhelmed...tired....emotional. Some days I feel like I'm crushing it and other days, I feel like I'm not doing anything well at all. Wednesday was just one of those days. A good hug and some encouragement from my husband and I was feeling much better. Can I still blame these random crying episodes on hormones? Just curious...


- I wore leggings every day. #momlife

Saturday is shaping up to be a good one. Emma and I are meeting up with my mom for some shopping and girl time. I can't wait! 

Hope your weekend is full of whatever makes you happy!

5 comments:

  1. Leggings every day is the sign of a good week! :) Hope you're having a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't need to spend a lot of money for a quality pair of Nike basketball shoes. There are a couple of high performance basketball shoes that can be purchased for under $80. The Nike Air Max Quarter and the Nike Air Max Pure Game are the two pairs of shoes I speak of.I find this website for Best Shoes for Basketball you can visit this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The actual three-spoke guiding wheel-shaped disk within the middle hublot replica the actual several hours using the white-colored base, and also the red-colored skeletonized replica watches uk hands ought to be very easily distinguishable in the capturing mere seconds swiss replica watches whenever observed in individual. The actual dial works within developing a feeling associated with level that is some thing fanatics have a rolex replica uk to indicate along with numerous levels developed by the actual bunch associated with fingers which comparison along with another, the actual rehaut which bears the actual minutes tag heuer replica sale seconds size, then the actual elevated numbers, last but not least through the middle of the actual fake rado using its cutout look at to some coating beneath.

    ReplyDelete