Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A dream about forgetting to plan my own wedding.

I have to throw in a quick disclaimer: Now that I opened this blog up to everyone I know on Facebook and their mother, you all need to know that I am still going to blog about things as if you weren't reading. So to my sweet, dear boyfriend, please don't lose your shit when you learn I am having dreams about weddings and whatnot.

Okay, now moving on...

Just the other day Jonathan and I were talking about dreams and how it seems like we only have dreams about totally off-the-wall things that would never happen in a million years. I was saying that just once, I would love to have a dream about something normal like going on vacation or something in the future like having kids. Instead, I typically dream about random, unexplainable things like alligators crawling up my house and in the windows while I'm sleeping. I don't even know where this stuff comes from...it's so random.

Ironically enough, that very night we dozed off to sleep and I had a dream about my wedding. That's pretty normal to dream about, right? It was great...for a minute. I remember getting ready, talking and giggling with my mother and my bridesmaids when suddenly, I realized that I forgot to write my vows. Next thing you know, I'm in a complete panic and at a loss for words as I try to write them in the car on the way to my own wedding.

To make matters worse, when I get to the ceremony site, I arrive to find out that I never even booked the venue. So far, we've got a bride and a groom, a whole wedding party with guests, but no vows and nowhere for them to get married. I wish I could say everything worked out, but I must've woken up before anything else could happen.

If you know me at all, you know that I am pretty organized and a little obsessive compulsive. I could totally see myself getting to my wedding day and realizing at worst, that I forgot to take my vitamin that morning, not completely forgetting to write my vows or book the venue! Apparently in my dream life, I expect to just arrive and have a wedding magically appear in front of me without actually planning any of it.


I'm not really into researching the meaning of dreams and whatnot, so who knows where this dream came from. It could mean I am not going to enjoy planning my wedding, whenever that day comes. I doubt it. Maybe it's an overall message to stop worrying about little details in life and focus on the big stuff. Who knows. What I do know, however, is that when the day comes, I'll be sure to book the venue and write my vows before I do anything else!

8 comments:

  1. Ah! How scary! It is funny though how we don't have dreams about normal nice things like vacations.

    ReplyDelete