Wednesday, July 11, 2012

28 Days of Thanks Update

Yesterday marked the halfway point in my 28 Days of Thanks project and I thought now would be a good time to tell you how it's going. In one word: wonderful.

So far I've given cards to my sisters, two of my very good friends from college, my five-year-old niece, my best friend, my mom, my roommate, one of my doctors, a client, two of my good guy friends and the couple who cleans our office building.

I still have so many people on the list and do you want to know how that makes me feel?

LUCKY BEYOND BELIEF. BLESSED. GRATEFUL.

The most challenging and wonderful aspect to writing the notes each day has been finding the right words to fit into the space I have to write. Each person brings so many wonderful things to my life and even as a writer, I've struggled a bit to find a way to put those things into words. It's a good problem to have, having so many people in your life you are so grateful for.

I've been stressed at work and a little overwhelmed with life lately, but taking a few minutes out of my day to write my thank you card has been so good for me. I can't help but feel at peace writing these notes and reflecting on each person's role in my life. If you know me, you know I've always been mushy about my appreciation for friends, family, etc, but taking time out of each day to reach out to them and show it has been so great.
So yes, I'd say this has been a wonderful experience so far. :)

5 comments:

  1. This is the coolest thing I have heard about in a long time definitely something I would consider doing and just may have to. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete